Data loss in storage systems is unavoidable in spite of what most storage vendors try to make you believe – it’s right up there with death and taxes. But, by selecting the right solution and applying the appropriate parameters you can control both the probability of data loss, as well as the size of the data loss based upon your business requirements.
In this webinar, Paul Carpentier (Caringo’s CTO and Co-founder) will cover:
- The inconvenient truth most storage vendors don’t tell you about data protection
- Why you need both replication and erasure coding
- An introduction to Caringo’s Elastic Content Protection
- Data loss resulting from replication versus erasure coding
- Calculating storage efficiency and data durability (as a factor of 9s)