HPC Comes of Age
Handling Large Data Sets with Object Storage
High-Performance Computing (HPC) has come of age, and object storage is a key enabler as we have access to larger and larger data sets. Recently, Caringo Product Manager Glen Olsen presented a webinar on how object storage can be used to manage massive pools of data and how Caringo’s multi-protocol ingest capabilities, elimination of storage silos and advanced search capabilities are enabling organizations in the 21st century.
Swarm Pro Tip of the Month
Swarm Hybrid Cloud for Azure converts files from an S3-accessible object, Caringo object or NFS-accessible file to Azure in the native blob format. Once the data is on Azure, you can leverage the power of compute and data-protection or long-term archive services.
Our team enjoyed the IBC show in Amsterdam.
We published a number of blogs:
- Oct 11: Webinar | Swarm Hybrid Cloud for Microsoft Azure
- Oct 18–19: NAB New York, NYC
- Oct 24: Webinar | Protect your Data! Stop Wasting Budget and Resources on Legacy Backup
- Nov 28–30: Govt. Video Expo 2017, Washington D.C.
- Nov 12–17: SC17, Denver, CO (Need an expo pass for SC17? Contact us.)
- Dec 4-6: Swarm Certified Training Class, Austin, TX
Looking ahead to 2018, we hope to see you at NAB 2018 in Las Vegas, NV.