Learn About Object Storage
We have several ways for you and your staff to learn more about object storage whether you are currently using Swarm, are evaluating Swarm (or another solution) or just starting with your research.
Read our new blogs that take you step-by-step through topics:
- What are the 5 Tiers of Storage for New Video Production Workflows?
- How to Migrate to Object Storage from SAN, NAS and Tape Storage
Watch our Tech Tuesday webinars, now available on demand.
Register for our Caringo Certified Training Class May 20–22 in Austin, TX or August 6–8 in Dublin, Ireland.
Contact us to schedule a training class at your location.
Swarm Pro Tip: Swarm 10.2 Now Available
Swarm 10.2 is now available on Caringo Connect for existing customers. Enhancements include:
- Faster node retirement and erasure-coded range reads under high loads
- Prometheus Node Exporter
- Swarm management improvements
- Swarm UI settings expansion
Our team had a great time in Las Vegas at the NAB Show and several associated events. We talked to IT Pros from a wide variety of verticals about how to integrate Caringo Swarm for Media Management, Delivery & Archive into their video workflows.
In April, we published the following blogs:
- Performance Testing for Object-based Storage
- Reflections on the 2019 NAB Show in Las Vegas
- NAB Show 2019: With Object Storage, You Don’t Have to Gamble
- World Backup Day & Data Protection, part 2
Our April Tech Tuesday webinar is now available on demand: Measuring Performance of Object Storage.
- May 20–22: Swarm Certified Training, Austin, TX
- May 28: What Your Storage Vendor Isn’t Telling You About S3
- May 30: Demonstration of How to Enable On-Demand Workflows
- Jun 24: SVG Sports Content Management Forum
- May 20–22: Swarm Certified Training, Dublin, Ireland
- Sep 13–17: IBC2019, Amsterdam, Netherland
- Nov 18–21: Supercomputing 2019, Denver, CO
Eric Dey, Director of Product
Eric Dey, Caringo Director of Product, was one of the early developers on the Swarm Object Storage product. With a B.S. in Computer Science from the U.C. Davis, Eric has extensive experience with cloud services, Linux open-systems, and distributed applications. When Eric is not working on cloud storage solutions, he is often flying his Mooney airplane through the clouds or in formation with other pilots.
Make sure to register now to hear Eric discuss What Your Storage Vendor Isn’t Telling You About S3 on our Tech Tuesday webinar May 28 at 11am PT/2pm ET.