Facilitating Information Governance for Rapidly Scaling Datasets
No organization wants to lose data or waste precious time searching for it when it is needed. And, we all know the costly ramifications of failing to comply with governmental regulations: HIPAA/HITECH, PCI, Freedom of Information Act, GDPR, and many more.
Join Jacques Sauvé, Information Governance Professional (IGP) from NetGovern, a leader in Information Governance software, and Tony Barbagallo, Caringo VP of Product, to learn how compliance with current, large rapidly scaling data sets requires tighter integration between information governance and underlying storage infrastructure.
Swarm Pro Tip of the Month: Upgrading from Previous Versions
Swarm supports rolling upgrades (a single cluster running mixed versions during the upgrade process) and requires no data conversion unless specifically noted for a particular release. This means that you can upgrade without scheduling an outage or bringing down the cluster. Just restart your nodes one at a time with the new version and the cluster will continue serving applications during the upgrade process. For more information, review the documentation on Caringo Connect.
April was a big month for the Caringo team in Las Vegas with the NAB Show and the JB&A Pre-NAB Technology Event. Our own Adrian “AJ” Herrera, Caringo’s resident M&E enthusiast, was featured in the DPBuzz podcast. Check out his interview. You can read his articles and blogs on Caringo.com.
Blogs published in April include:
- Merging Past & Present: NAB Show, M&E and Object Storage
- Caringo Swarm Object Storage: Feed Me
- Caringo Object Storage and CatDV at NAB Show 2018
- What Happens in Vegas, Stays in Vegas…Except Object Storage
If you missed our April Tech Tuesday webinar, watch it now on demand: Best Practices for Object Storage Installation and Management.
2018 Upcoming Events
- May 15: Tech Tuesday Webinar, Solving Exabyte-Scale Search (and Beyond!) with Object Storage & Elasticsearch
- May 17: Webinar, Facilitating Information Governance for Rapidly Scaling Datasets
- Jun 19: Tech Tuesday Webinar, When to Choose Object Storage over NAS for Digital Video Workflows
- Jun 24–28: ISC HPC 2018, Frankfurt, Germany
- Sep 14–18: IBC 2018, Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Oct 17–18: NAB NYC 2018, New York, NY
- Nov 12–15: SC18, Dallas, TX
Employee Spotlight: Glen Olsen
With over 2 decades of data center and storage expertise, Caringo Product Manager Glen Olsen thrives on innovating solutions for pressing data and storage challenges. Now celebrating his fifth year at Caringo, Glen leads our efforts to bridge the gap between traditional storage technology and our leading-edge scale-out storage solution. He has launched products such as Caringo FileFly and SwarmNFS.
Glen is regularly featured on Caringo webinars and has written a number of blogs. Most recently, Glen has tackled the subject of GDPR. To learn more, watch this webinar on demand: GDPR’s Dirty Little Secret and How Object Storage Enables Compliance