June 24–27, our Caringo team is heading to ISC High Performance—the world’s oldest and Europe’s foremost HPC conference. If you are at the conference, please visit us at Stand K-413. We invite you to join us for Happy Hour, co-sponsored by Caringo and Boston Limited, at our stand June 25 at 4pm and June 26 and 27 at 3 pm.
In preparation for the conference, we are also collaborating with our partners at Boston Limited this June 12 for a BrightTALK webinar: Object Storage for High-Performance Computing (HPC).
Swarm Pro Tip of the Month: Swarm Health Reports
To see the information sent to Caringo when a Swarm cluster generates a health report, point your browser to the Swarm node IP address followed by ‘:90/health_report’
For example: XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX:90/health_report
Make sure to include port 90. This produces the raw JSON output of all health information reported by that node. To make the output easier to read, install a JSON formatter in your browser or use a curl shell command with JSON Pretty Print.
- Can Object Storage Compete with Parallel File Systems?
- Expecting the Unexpected: Facilitating Information Governance
- Object Storage is Becoming the New Tier 1 Storage
- Information Governance in the Cloud Age
- High Speed Computing on the Oregon Coast
2018 Upcoming Events
- Jun 12: Webinar, Object Storage for High-Performance Computing (HPC)
- Jun 19: Tech Tuesday Webinar, When to Choose Object Storage over NAS for Digital Video Workflows
- Jun 21: Webinar, Slash Storage TCO for Rapidly Scaling Data Sets
- Jun 24–28: ISC HPC 2018, Frankfurt, Germany
- Sep 14–18: IBC 2018, Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Oct 17–18: NAB NYC 2018,New York, NY
- Nov 12–15: SC18, Dallas, TX
Jose Juan Gonzalez Marcos
In the almost three years that Jose has been a Pre-Sales Engineer at Caringo, his always positive attitude and deep technical expertise has made him a favorite with our customers in Canada (where he currently resides with his family) as well as in Latin America and the United States. Jose enjoys hiking in the Rocky Mountains and recently completed a dissertation on software-defined object storage in organizations for his Masters degree from the University of Salford in Manchester.
In addition to helping our customers by architecting effective and secure storage solutions, Jose is regularly recruited to represent Caringo at tradeshows such as NAB and Supercomputing where he demos our technology in both English and Spanish. Jose also serves as a subject-matter expert for Caringo webinars. Catch Jose live in our next Tech Tuesday Webinar, When to Choose Object Storage over NAS for Digital Video Workflows, on June 19.