Avoid Storage Fireworks with
Swarm 9.6 Object Storage
Swarm version 9.6 is now available. Enhancements include:
- User Interface (UI) updates— New capabilities around object renaming and version management allow more precise content control by incorporating the full expressiveness of the native storage API within the UI actions, and the UI is updated to support SwarmNFS 2.1.
- Next-Generation Replication Method— Swarm now supports replication by direct POST for better performance and flow management between source and target clusters, so that you can increase the rate (for faster hydration) or lower it (to prevent swamping a smaller target).
- Platform Command Line Interface (CLI) Expansion— The set of CLI commands for Swarm Platform server has been extensively expanded and simplified to improve system administration.
All customers with a paid support contract can download Swarm 9.6 on Caringo Connect. For more detailed information, review the Swarm 9.6 Release Notes or read the Avoid Storage Fireworks with Swarm 9.6 Object Storage blog.
Swarm Pro Tip: Get More From Swarm
For version 9.6, the Swarm documentation has been reorganized by audience use case: Deployment, Administration and Development. Additionally, a new Deployment Planning section has been added that includes best-practice guidance and numerous architectural examples for successfully implementing Swarm.
Sign up now for our September 17–19 Caringo Swarm Certified Training class in Austin, TX, or contact us about coming to your site to provide customized training for your staff. For more information, speak with your Sales Representative or contact us.
In June, our team enjoyed exhibiting at the ISC High Performance Conference in Frankfurt, Germany.
- Object Storage Solves Data Retention and Access Issues
- The World Cup of Supercomputing: ISC2018 & Object Storage
- Riding the Object Storage Wave
- Hot on HPC: Webinar, ISC2018 and SC18
2018 Upcoming Events
- July 17: TechTuesday Webinar: Object Storage for HPC
- Aug 23: JB&A Workflow Solutions Tour, New York, NY
- Sept 14–18: IBC 2018, Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Sept 20: JB&A Workflow Solutions Tour, Atlanta, GA
- Oct 17–18: NAB NYC 2018, New York, NY
- Nov 7: JB&A Workflow Solutions Tour, Hollywood, Los Angeles, CA
- Nov 12–15: SC18, Dallas, TX
- Dec 4: JB&A Workflow Solutions Tour, Santa Clara, CA
Tony Barbagallo, CEO
From serving as VP of Product to authoring Caringo’s most read blog of all timeto being featured in webinars such as our TechTuesday broadcastand representing Caringo at events, Tony Barbagallo has kept up a relentless pace since joining Caringo in 2015.
In June, Tony was appointed as Caringo CEO and spoke with Dave Raffo of TechTarget about Caringo:
“…we’ve been around a long time. Storage is hard. There are a lot of new vendors springing up, because object is becoming more popular and more mainstream, but they’re taking shortcuts.”
Tony has held a mix of leadership roles at small and large companies over the past 30 years and possesses expertise in establishing and growing technology companies. In his spare time, Tony enjoys playing golf, listening to live music and rooting for the Golden State Warriors.