- This event has passed.
Live Webinar: Distributed Collaborators & Data…Solving the World’s Big Problems, June 25
June 25, 2020 @ 3:00pm – 3:45pm CDTFree
Some of the world’s most challenging problems—including fighting diseases, increasing food production, battling climate change, and advancing Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning—are enabled by High-Performance Computing (HPC). A big part of HPC workflows is sharing data with distributed collaborators. Join us for a discussion on the challenges of managing and storing HPC data featuring the experts from Globus, a University of Chicago non-profit service. Topics will include:
- Why distributed collaborators are critical to expediting time to discovery
- How to provide direct access to computers, software, data and other resources
- Collaborative problem-solving and resource-brokering strategies
- How the largest research organizations in the world are enabling secure access to data
- The role of storage and access controls throughout HPC workflows
Caringo VP Marketing and Brews & Bytes host Adrian J Herrera will be joined by Eric Dey, Caringo Head of Product, Rachana Ananthakrishnan, Globus Head of Product, and Vas Vasiliadis, Globus Chief Customer Officer. They will share real-world examples of how Globus and Caringo have worked together to solve these problems and also discuss how current events are likely to shape the future of Research workflows.
Rachana Ananthakrishnan, Globus Head of Product
Vas Vasiliadis, Globus Chief Customer Officer
Eric Dey, Caringo Head of Product
Adrian J Herrera, Caringo VP Marketing (host)