AUSTIN, Texas, June 19, 2012 — Caringo, the leading provider of object storage software, introduces three new products today making it the only object storage vendor to deliver a complete cloud storage software solution.
The new Elastic Content Protection™, CloudScaler™ and Indexer products, along with the market-leading Object Storage Platform powered by CAStor®, positions Caringo as the only vendor to offer a stack of software appliances that work together to provide cloud storage flexible enough to use for private or public clouds and seamlessly scalable from terabytes to petabytes. By providing the entire stack, Caringo is able to ensure high performance, simple management and interoperability between all components, significantly reducing the complexity associated with open source or cobbled together solutions.
“With the adoption of cloud technologies at an all-time high, the importance of developing interoperable solutions that make it easier for customers to implement into their computing environments is a key consideration,” said Kevin Kluge, VP of Products at Citrix. “What Caringo has done is give organizations the ability to integrate their enterprise-grade object storage solution into any platform and when combined with Citrix CloudPlatform and Apache CloudStack improves time to market for service providers and larger enterprises.”
Elastic Content Protection (ECP): Provides the storage industry’s most comprehensive data protection functionality that expands or contracts to meet any storage SLA, footprint or accessibility requirement regardless of capacity or file count.
- Protects terabyte to exabyte scale storage by creating copies (replication) or by dividing original data and parity segments in a way that data can be recovered with a subset of total segments using less capacity and operational resources than an additional copy (erasure coding)
- Enables the definition of specific levels of protection for different business requirements – use replication for smaller files/clusters or for ‘hot’ frequently accessed files, and erasure coding for larger scale storage
- Uniquely integrated into Caringo’s symmetric architecture so there are no specialty nodes or single points of failure and all nodes participate in recovery
- Multi-threaded striping ensures that data protection operations do not impact performance Results in 40-70% more efficient space utilization depending on protection scheme and use case
“Caringo’s Elastic Content Protection means that our mutual customers are able to gain even more efficient utilization of objects stored on our Ethernet SAN solutions,” said Kevin Brown, CEO of Coraid. “This addition helps drive the continued shift from traditional enterprise architectures to cloud infrastructures with disruptive economics, high performance and extreme flexibility.”
CloudScaler: Enables an organization to provide public or private cloud storage as a service. A software gateway appliance that extends the Object Storage Platform with secure multi-tenant features including authentication and authorization of access on a per-call basis, quotas, bandwidth and capacity metering and the ability to integrate into 3rd party billing systems.
- A web-based portal for administrators that enables robust tenant management and a scalable portal for end users that provides granular object management.
- Can be integrated with Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP), Access Directory (AD) for user authentication
- Leverages CAStor integrated WORM, integrity seal and auditable access functionality to provide compliant storage
- Can be configured as public, private or hybrid cloud storage
Indexer: Provides robust insight and intelligence into data stored in the Object Storage Platform.
- A NoSQL data store that indexes all objects in a CAStor cluster and allows searching by filename, universal unique identifier or metadata
- Integrates with CloudScaler™ portal to present the information in a graphical user interface
- Enables powerful insight with the ability to look at varying views of data stored
The addition of these three new products solidifies Caringo’s position as the industry leader in multi-tenant, cloud storage. Simple, powerful and efficient object storage that is like S3, but fast, safe and secure in your data center.
“Enterprise storage is at a crossroads,” said Mark Goros, CEO at Caringo. “Traditional file-based storage was not designed for the massive capacities and ubiquitous access requirements that are now expected in every organization. Our complete cloud storage software solution enables any enterprise to optimize storage deployments securely in their data center with access from any platform. System administrators can now stand up a petabyte cluster in 30 minutes delivering elasticity to backend infrastructure in addition to front end usage.”
Caringo software gives enterprises everything they need to deliver private cloud storage or cloud storage as a service. The solution combines efficient object storage technology with elastic content protection, intelligent and automatic distribution and centralized management under a global namespace on your choice of commodity hardware. The result is a secure and compliant unified pool of storage that can expand or contract capacity and object count to meet any operational or business requirements – all at cloud economics and secure in your datacenter.
In last week’s blog, I looked at the challenges GDPR presents. In this week’s blog, we will take a look at how Caringo Scale-Out Hybrid Storage provides a simple and cost-effective solution that can enable … More Details »
As storage technologies continue to evolve in 2017, so do the challenges faced in integrating conventional storage along with new age scalable object storage. Caringo Product Manager Glen Olsen will show how contemporary storage solutions … More Details »