The new year is upon us and data storage challenges loom large for many organizations. Caringo Swarm object storage has proven to be versatile for a number of use cases (including active archives, cloud storage, analytics, content distribution, and backups) in verticals such as M&E, HPC, Government, Healthcare and Education.
Boiling it down, here are the 7 reasons your organization should consider an object storage solution in 2017:
- Scale matters: Object storage can help you overcome the file count and capacity limits of file-based NAS systems. See what industry analysts from Storage Switzerland have to say in the NAS vs. Object eBook.
- Protocol compatibility: Swarm object storage allows you to access existing data with various protocols and to move data into a limitless pool with FileFly and SwarmNFS, using a truly global namespace across SMB, NFSv4, S3, HDFS, and SCSP/HTTP.
- Continuous backup: Your data is too important to only backup periodically. Properly designed object storage gives you continuous data protection, so you don’t have to worry about losing valuable data or taking time to restore your systems to retrieve data after a system failure.
- Pay-as-you-grow pricing: You don’t always want to incur a large total cost of acquisition (TCA), and many times, you are looking to lower your total cost of ownership (TCO) for your storage infrastructure. Caringo makes sure that Swarm object storage is a cost-effective investment where you can pay as you grow (adding capacity at runtime, in any increment) instead of making a large up-front investment.
- Searchability: It’s not really enough to just store your data anymore. You need to be able to search it and retrieve it at will. This paves the way for monetizing your data and gives you an efficiency boost that can accelerate data analysis for decision-making.
- Data management: Swarm object storage includes hierarchical data protection policies, historical metrics and usage metering, providing enhanced flexibility and ease of operation.
- Organization: With the myriad of systems that have built up in data centers, there is a proliferation of storage silos that are at best inefficient and at worst complete roadblocks for your business. Caringo Swarm object storage gives you the ability to unify your content collections under one software-defined storage system.
In 2016, we focused on adding features that provided search, data management, and organization at scale as well as continuing to expand protocol compatibility with FileFly and SwarmNFS. Check out our 16 greatest hits of 2016 if you are looking for more resources to help you understand the benefits object storage can bring to your organization.
We have some exciting plans for 2017 and are ready to help you determine whether object storage is right for your organization. To learn more, contact us for a demo or download our free Swarm Developer Edition 10TB cloud from Caringo Connect.
Do you need to securely store data and access it via NFS? In this webinar, John Bell and Michael Brame will discuss using NFS with object storage and explain how this has been handled by … More Details »
Abstract: This whitepaper presents the results from recent benchmarking of Caringo Swarm object storage on a multi-Terabit converged Ethernet Software-Defined Storage Super Data Cluster deployed by the UK Science and Technology Facilities Council’s (STFC) Scientific … More Details »