Today, we announced a full-featured 100 TB Swarm license to qualified Media & Entertainment (M&E) firms* at no cost. Why do such a thing? It’s pretty simple. IT execs in the M&E space are under extreme pressure to provide long-term accessible storage and instant search and delivery to customers and viewers. We have hundreds of customers that are solving these issues with our software and wanted to significantly reduce the investment for new M&E customers so that they can validate our claims within their data centers and through their current workflows and processes.
Over the past few years, I’ve talked about common M&E use cases and blogged on the numerous benefits of object storage, most recently writing about how to turn storage into a competitive advantage. With each passing year, Caringo Swarm Cloud & Object Storage Platform continues to add new features and functionality to our field-hardened product. Swarm has been vetted and tested for over a decade to the highest standards of data integrity and reliability and is used as securely accessible digital asset libraries and storage services for a wide range of government, telecommunications, education, corporate and entertainment organizations including the Department of Defense, Department of Justice, BT, iQ Media, Johns Hopkins University, British Telecom, NEP and hundreds more worldwide.
Swarm installs on any mix of standard storage hardware, transforming it into a limitless and seamless pool of storage resources with asset protection, lifecycle management, search and security built in—delivering up to a 75% reduction in storage TCO through numerous hardware, operational and workflow efficiencies including:
- Industry-leading hardware and server utilization for your content. Use up to 95% of hard drive space and 100% of drive bays for digital assets.
- The ability to automatically add performance or capacity in 90 seconds and continuously upgrade hardware without downtime or disruption to asset accessibility.
- Automated policy-based protection to optimize for rapid access or data center footprint delivering enterprise-grade durability while defending against ransomware attacks.
- Cross-platform collaboration and access enabled by Write/Read/Edit via HTTP, S3 or NFS interchangeably.
- Rapid asset retrieval and instant delivery via integrated search with the ability to add custom metadata.
I’ll be hosting a webinar with Sales Engineer Alex Oldfield where we will be discussing object storage for M&E and how to manage the expectation of free storage and accessible archives. Register now to watch live on September 7 or to be notified when the recording is available on demand.
* Qualified firms include but are not limited to recording studios, content creation and post-production houses, broadcasters, and studios
Industry professionals break down the history of S3 protocol and how it broadens storage options for hybrid, public and private cloud storage More Details »
While object storage isn’t a panacea, it is an increasingly important storage technology that enables on-demand access for video workflows. More Details »