Last month, we announced that we were awarded a patent for Darkive™ adaptive power conservation technology, which enables organizations that use Caringo Swarm object storage software to adaptively spin down disks and reduce CPU utilization.
The access patterns and retention requirements for enterprise data have changed considerably over the last few years to a store-everything, always accessible approach and storage must adapt. We developed Darkive to help your organization extract every bit and watt of value while keeping your data searchable, accessible, and protected. Caringo Swarm is the only object storage software solution on the market with this feature, and being awarded the patent is validation of our innovative approach and our commitment to continue leading the way in object storage software. The top five benefits of Darkive for Caringo Swarm users include:
- Lower energy and cooling costs
- Extend the life of hardware by reducing constant use
- Operate hardware more efficiently
- Reduce operational costs so they are similar to that of tape while maintaining sub-second access to data
- Set specific nodes as deep archive nodes that awaken only when needed, fill disk by disk, and go back to sleep until access is required
Administrators have complete control over Darkive and can specify periods of inactivity before disks and processors are spun down. In addition, there is a configurable time interval to wake up the node to check and automatically repair any data integrity issues via built in health processing.
In this episode of JB&A Today, Nicholas Smith, Director of Media Technologies, explains how M&E IT Pros can now use the same technology chosen by giants like Amazon, Microsoft and Google to build a private … More Details »