It’s that time of year again. From Hollywood to high tech, we start seeing the best of 2016 recognized.
Server-based storage finalists in the 2016 Storage magazine/SearchStorage Products of the Year competition were announced last week, and include a mix of new and updated products that reflect the growing trend to use commodity hardware to store enterprise data. Encompassing hyper-converged appliances and software-defined storage that runs on commodity server hardware, I’m excited that Caringo SwarmNFS is part of the short-list of candidates.
As is typical with tech awards, the TechTarget Storage Magazine awards have an extensive vetting process. Finalists were judged by a panel comprised of a cross-section of users, analysts, consultants and Storage magazine and SearchStorage.com editors. The products are then rated according to their innovation, performance, ease of integration, ease of use, functionality and value. So, to use a well-worn phrase, it is an honor just to be nominated.
We announced SwarmNFS in August of 2016, and Jonathan Ring spoke with Storage Switzerland’s George Crump in a chalk talk and also blogged about how SwarmNFS gives you the ability to unlock the value of your data. Because we know that technology is not about the cool factor, it is about how it enables your business, here are some of SwarmNFS’ key benefits:
- Improves productivity with data portability between NFSv4, S3, HDFS, and SCSP/HTTP protocols
- Uses 80% less resources (compared to gateway and connector solutions) with no single point of failure
- Brings the organizational power of metadata to files, eliminating the need for metadata databases
- Lowers TCO of data distribution at scale with the benefits of Swarm object storage
- Leverages the HA nature of Swarm to eliminate local disk caching and the clustering required to protect the local disk cache
- Provides rapid elastic scale-out of NFSv4 via VM or your hardware of choice; grow and shrink to meet demand
This short video illustrates how SwarmNFS works.
Want to learn more? Contact us for a demo or check out one of these educational webcasts:
What are the characteristics of each storage tier and when should you use NVMe, SAN, NAS, Cloud, Object, or Tape Storage? More Details »
In this LightBoard video, Storage Switzerland’s Lead Analyst George Crump and Caringo CEO Tony Barbagallo discuss a real-world customer architecture to show how Swarm object storage can be used to simplify the environment and reduce … More Details »