The pressure for service providers and telecom companies to introduce new managed services has never been greater. New competitors from different markets now have the ability to poach subscribers by quickly standing up services based on open source software. In addition the relentless growth of operational and customer data is exposing capacity limitations in existing storage infrastructure and quickly depleting budgets. Caringo object storage software addresses these issues by enabling massively scalable and highly automated storage solutions that can easily integrate into your existing internal and external service offerings.
Pay as you Grow Scalability and Intelligent Automation
Our object storage software, powered by CAStor, was designed from the ground up to provide massive scalability. To achieve this we removed the inefficiencies of traditional file systems and also developed intelligent automation in system management and expansion. The result is plug-and-play scale for both capacity and performance that enables you to stop managing infrastructure and start focusing on providing service to your employees and subscribers.
- Massively scale capacity – meet any demand — Scale by simply inserting one, or more nodes into the cluster. Additional capacity is automatically available; no provisioning required by an administrator. Minimal administrative overhead makes it easy to increase storage up to petabytes of capacity in a single cluster.
- Runs on industry standard hardware — Storage clusters can be built on any X86 server with at least 1 GB of RAM, 1 hard drive, and Gigabit Ethernet on up to the most dense servers available today. Use any combination of vendors and generations. As new technology becomes available, just plug the server in and CAStor will instantly provision it!
- Self-optimizing — Even after an object is initially stored CAStor continuously monitors performance and will automatically move or replicate data in order to maintain responsiveness in the system.
- Self-healing clusters — Polices set for each object are continuously checked and enforced. Should something fail, the system automatically recovers. If a disk goes down, all disks participate in the recovery effort.
- SNMP and NTP support — Leverage an existing systems management platform to manage/administer the cluster as another element in the network. In addition, support external network clock synchronization to ensure accurate time stamping of content stored in and events/activities within the storage environment using standard, open time server infrastructure.
IT infrastructure provider leverages Caringo software in their cloud storage services
Verizon Terremark, a subsidiary of Verizon Communications Inc., sets the standard for IT deployments with advanced infrastructure and managed service offerings that deliver the scale, security, and reliability necessary to meet the demanding requirements of enterprises and governments around the world.
- Provide 24x7x365 high speed access to content
- Zero downtime upgrades and maintenance
- Deliver enterprise class cloud storage services worldwide
- CAStor backend driving storage and delivery for customer sites
- Rapid time to market and reduced complexity
- Highly scalable and accessible with no downtime servicing
- Support for multiple types of hosted customers included photo and news sites
- Online photo sharing and Internet portal site where users upload and share high resolution photos. Thumbnails and original images are served directly from CAStor Object Storage.
- News portal with massive read hit rate for breaking news stories