Caringo Virtual Editions
Rapid evaluation of Market Proven Object Storage Software
The Virtual Editions of CAStor and Content File Server (CFS) were designed to enable the rapid evaluation of Caringo object storage software. You will have access to all of the functionality in the standard versions of CAStor and CFS in a virtualized environment enabling you to experience the power of object storage with instant access via standard storage protocols (CIFS, NFS, FTP and WebDAV) quickly and securely.
Cloud storage architecture in minutes
Caringo object storage software is ideal for bringing cloud storage architecture to any unstructured data storage need whether it is a cloud storage service, big data repository or general storage infrastructure replacing NAS, tape and VTL; and now with the release of our VM Editions you can evaluate our software in minutes. The key characteristics of Caringo software that provide cloud storage architecture are:
- Data access and portability using HTTP 1.1, and customizable metadata that is stored with each object, enabling data mobility based on business value with content moving freely and securely system wide – even across different locations.
- Automatic data protection driven by an integrated health monitor that continuously checks and fixes any issues encountered. All servers participate in recovery so as the system grows recovery times decrease; even petabyte-size stores can be automatically protected, without backups or RAID.
- Zero provisioning scale-out and zero downtime servicing with automated, system wide optimization and balancing. Combined with rolling software and hardware upgrades results in no-downtime servicing, no single points of failure and no bottlenecks.
- Secure multi-tenancy and multi-site storage in a single system with 128-bit unique universal identifier obfuscating all stored data; all account information is stored with an object allowing support for an unlimited number of tenants, employees, or subscribers on the same infrastructure.
- Cloud economics using any x86 server hardware, any combination of servers, or even any size drives at up to 98 percent utilization.
- Instant access for legacy applications or devices via CIFS, NFS, FTP, and WebDAV.
Join Caringo Connect – Download CAStor VM and CFS VM
You can download CAStor VM and CFS VM by registering for a Caringo Connect account. Once you are logged into Caringo Connect click on either CAStor USB Install for Small Clusters or CAStor VM Install for Rapid Evaluation:
Evaluation Guide Included
The CAStor VM includes a pre-installed evaluation guide that can be accessed by entering your cluster ip address and index.html as in http://your.cluster.ip/index.html. You will be given your cluster ip address once you install the CAStor VM.
Supported VM platforms
- Windows – VMWare ESX and VMWare Player are supported VM platforms
- Mac – VMWare Fusion
- Use separate hardware for CAStor VM and CFS VM
- Each machine should have at least 1.5GB of available RAM on the VM platform
Hard Drive Space Requirements
- CAStor VM – a minimum of 360GB of available disk space on the VM platform
- CFS VM – a minimum of 100GB of available disk space on the VM platform
Full system requirements, detailed documentation and special considerations for deploying in a virtual environment are located with the download on Caringo Connect