Complete, Automated Data Management and Distribution
- HTTP Interface
- Content File Server
- CAStor® Content Router
- Cluster Services
- Elastic Content Protection
Intelligent object routing engine
Content Router (CR) is an object routing engine integrated into our object storage platform that intelligently and securely automates the distribution of data between your CAStor clusters and can facilitate specialized operations within a cluster.
Granular control driven by customizable metadata
CR leverages user-defined metadata per object to enable sophisticated content distribution, content processing and data protection policies based on your business requirements.
Enumeration of named objects for more robust object search and indexing
Detailed insight via graphical reporting on replication progress, status and speed
- Automated data protection – No manual migration, no provisioning and no storage management required.
- Optimized access – Intelligent and secure routing of content closer to the end user according to your business needs.
- Flexibility – CR is a highly versatile replication product that delivers:
- Remote replication over any distance to where the data is needed for increased protection or access.
- Disaster recovery with rules based queries for restoration down to the object level.
- Real-time access to data within a local cluster or at a remote cluster based on load balancing and availability of an active/active clustered configuration.
- Unlimited scale-out – CR enables storage clusters to grow from a single site to distributed clusters across many sites with easy web based administration.
- Enables high availability – Distributed clusters containing replicated data can be used for fail over requirements.
- Easy integration with value added applications – CR is built on a Publisher/Subscriber model. The Subscriber API enables integration of custom services such as compression, encryption, virus scanning, indexing and search.
- Fully Integrated with CAStor – an add-on to CAStor storage clusters enabling a policy based object routing engine for data distribution
- Metadata driven object routing engine – using metadata rules and policies for intelligent content distribution and processing
- Network management – bandwidth optimization and tolerance for high latency and intermittent connectivity during replication over wide area networks (WANs)
- Subscriber API – snap in third-party content processing applications such as indexing and search engine, and virus scanning
- Virtual Machine support – can seamlessly run in a virtual machine for optimization and flexibility in the cluster
- Active/Active support – Enables replication of content to another location for failover scenarios
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux support – runs on any x86 platforms running Red Hat 5.5 and 6.0
- Multiple replication and distribution topology support – Provides high availability options of safeguarding content by mirroring data between clusters in one or many distributed locations. A wide range of flexible deployment models can be configured to meet DR and business continuity SLAs – (1:1), (1:M), (M:1), (M:M)