Enterprise Cloud Storage, Secure in Your Datacenter
- HTTP Interface
- Content File Server
- CAStor® Content Router
- Cluster Services
- Elastic Content Protection
CloudScaler is software that enables you to deliver enterprise cloud storage to any number of employees, customers or subscribers. It is offered as an add-on to the Caringo Object Storage Platform adding secure multi-tenancy, quotas, metering, indexing and search - all accessible via a RESTful API or web-based portal. Combined CloudScaler and the Caringo Object Storage Platform provide everything you need to deliver highly scalable, private cloud storage, secure within your data center.
CloudScaler is comprised of two applications – a gateway and an optional web-based portal. Each application can run as a VM or on dedicated hardware and can be scaled independently to ensure quality of service regardless of the number of tenants, bandwidth, capacity or file count.
- Gateway — enhances the Object Storage Platform by adding secure multi-tenancy that enables easy integration from any number of applications or devices via a RESTful interface.
- Portal — A web-based portal application that enables robust tenant management and a scalable portal for administrators that provides granular object management.
Granular Control and Compliance
CloudScaler was developed to handle multi-tenant, multi-site cloud storage environments offering unrivaled flexibility via a robust feature set:
- Metering for chargebacks and reporting — accessible via the API and web-based interface.
- Flexible configuration — can be deployed as a public, hybrid, or private cloud storage service.
- Enables compliance — leverages CAStor’s compliance functionality including Write Once Read Many (WORM) capability, integrity seals, self-healing, rapid recovery, auditable access, and upgradeable hash.
- Data durability — utilizes Caringo Elastic Content Protection™ that protects terabyte to exabyte scale storage by creating copies (replication) or by dividing original data and parity segments in a way that data can be recovered with a subset of total segments using less capacity and operational resources than an additional copy (erasure coding)
- Platform interoperability — CloudScaler was developed with API neutrality in mind to ensure data portability and interoperability with other cloud storage services.
Features and Configuration Options
- Storage Reporting: View a point-in-time snapshot of storage usage.
- Domain and bucket access controls: Pre-set or custom access control policies to simplify tenant management, data security and quota enforcement.
- Access controls: Leverage standard Lightweight Directory Access Protocols (LDAP), Access Directory (AD), and Access Control Lists (ACLs) for authentication and authorization of tenants within each domain.
- Audit logging and metrics: Provides a data feed of transactions and requests by domain providing details such as uploads/downloads, listing requests, attempted logins, etc. This can be parsed to create detailed billing and accounting reports for bandwidth usage, access audits, and API request summaries.
- Bucket and object management: Interfaces for creating, updating, and listing buckets as well as adding, updating, or deleting objects.
- Customizable CSS: Customize the look and feel of the CloudScaler portal.
- Search: Interface for quickly and easily searching objects and buckets.
- Tenant management: Allows administrators to create and configure tenant domains.
- Storage-in-use reports: Monitor storage usage and changes over time.